mindfulness in organisations
Mindfulness workshops for the business and corporate sector can take the form of:
- Presentations as part of leadership and professional training days
- Introduction to mindfulness sessions in the workplace
- A series of one-hour sessions for staff and/or managers
- A half-day training, with follow-ups
- Conference talks
- Residential retreats.
Example of contents of mindfulness presentation for managers:
- Definition of mindfulness and its key principles
- Benefits of mindfulness
- The balance of being and doing; the importance of resting the mind
- Mindfulness and how it relates to leadership and the encouragement of self-responsibility
- Mindfulness and creativity in the workplace
- Practice of attention regulation and utilizing the power of present-moment awareness.
- Use of the senses in mindfulness practice as a tool to be "here, now"
- Guided mindfulness exercises
- Managing one's energy states at work to develop sustainable well being
- How to identify key "stressors" (disturbances) in one's internal environment that inhibit mindful presence.
- Consideration of the tyranny and power of the thinking faculty of the human mind
- Discussion and enquiry to share experience and build on the group’s learning
- Suggestions and resources for ongoing mindfulness enquiry
FEES available on request.
"Rachel Tobin has worked for me as Chief Executive of Porirua City Council on several assignments. Rachel has worked very well with my Executive Management Team, ... with humour and thoughtful input and insightful comment. She created a group dynamic that encouraged team members to be self-disclosing. I would have no hesitation in recommending Rachel Tobin as a highly skilled facilitator for executive and organisational development".
- Roger Blakeley, Wellington